If you’re from the Midwest, there are so many great places right in your backyard for fishing, swimming, camping and boating!
If you’ve got a boat you can tow, you can visit many lakes and rivers and create special memories for you and your family.
If you’ve already done a tour of the Great Lakes or you’re looking for new places to explore, consider some of the rivers the Midwest has to offer and make it a road trip!
Here are our top recommendations:
- Wisconsin River – Flowing through the Wisconsin Dells, this river is a great summer destination for fishing, tubing, boating, and sight-seeing.
- St. Croix River – In both Minnesota and Wisconsin, this river is a National Scenic Riverway, making it the perfect spot for you and your family for fishing, swimming, and wildlife spotting.
- Cedar River – If you’re fisherman, this is the spot for you. Known for walleye, smallmouth bass, and catfish, this river in Iowa is abundant and will provide hours of entertainment.
- The Illinois River – While many vacationers are looking for rivers in rural areas, others might want more urban sights. The Illinois River goes right through downtown Chicago and offers great sights of the Windy City.
- Grand River – This river in Michigan is lined with parks, boat launches, beaches, and picnic tables, so it’s a great option for those who want a full day of boating and possibly a picnic.
Planning a “stay-cation” instead of traveling? There’s nothing wrong with enjoying your property or lake house with your family instead of hitting the road.
If you need accessories for your boat dock or need to have a new one built and installed so you can fully enjoy the summer, we can help!
We’ve been providing Midwest families with hours of fun for over 50 years, and we can help you design and build a dock that perfectly suits your needs. Contact us today to get started! You can use our dock designer app to get a better idea of the specs you need, and we deliver docks to homes all over Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.