- DIY Boat Docks: What You Need to Know
- Pros and Cons of Vinyl Dock Sections
- How Much Does a Custom Dock Design Cost?
- Looking Forward to Summer: Best Boating Destinations in Michigan
- Save Money with a Treated Pine Wooden Dock
- Why You Need to Winterize and Remove Your Aluminum Boat Dock
- How to Know When Your Wood Dock Needs Replacing
- Must-Have Dock Accessories for Your Aluminum Boat Dock
- Why Top Quality Dock Accessories Matter
- Building a Party Platform for Your Boat Dock
Posted by Alumi-Span Docks on 10/30/2017
If you’re ready for a new boat dock, durability should be one of your top priorities. Durability translates to more years of enjoying your dock, less money spent on maintenance, and less time spent worrying about or on repairs.
But we know “I’m not made of money” isn’t just something you say to your kids, it’s the truth! So let’s get down to it: how do you get a durable boat dock without spending a fortune?
1. Compare Costs
Compare long-term and short-term costs of more expensive more durable materials with less expensive and less durable materials. Some materials, like aluminum are nearly maintenance free and last much longer, which saves you a lot long-term. When you compare costs, don’t forget to factor in time and stress!
2. Economical Design
Treat yourself with a durable dock you are confident will last for years without the hassle of constant maintenance, but scale back on design to save some money. When you think about, you’ll probably agree there is more value in durability than bells and whistles.
3. Build It Yourself
With some research and a few helping hands, it’s possible that you can build your own durable dock and save money on installation costs. If you decide on aluminum pieces, we can help you get everything you need to tackle this project.
Durable docks don’t have to cost a fortune! You have options that allow you to save money, making a new dock affordable and durable. Give us a call today to get started.