Do you love to custom design your home and property?
Is your style as far from cookie-cutter as possible?
Why not customize your boat dock?
You want the inside of your home to perfectly match your style and your needs, so the outside of your home should be no different!
There are many options for a boat dock at your waterfront property, but you don’t want to settle for run of the mill boat dock parts. Before you commit to a decision to go custom with your boat dock, there are a few things you might want to consider!
- DIY vs. Professional: Even if you’re a DIY veteran, building a boat dock carries unique challenges. If you’re not prepared to do a lot of research, the DIY route may not be the best choice for you this time around. Going with a professional can give you more security in your investment and more options for customization!
- Cost: In most cases if you want something customized, it comes with an up-charge. A custom dock is no different. Adding special material, labor, and design can bring your costs up. You have to ask yourself if the custom features are worth the price.
- Demand: Make sure you know the demands on your space! Design your custom dock based on purpose, climate, and weather. It may be that a dock feature you love isn’t really suitable for your property or the main purpose of the dock.
- Features: Be well read when it comes to boat dock features so you can include everything you want! You’ll need to think about the type of dock (fixed or floating), lighting, seating, slips, covers, platforms, and more.
- Future Use: Consider what’s in store for future use of your dock, not just what you’re using it for today. If you’re using quality boat dock parts in your custom design, the dock will be around for many years to come. Leave room for a growing family or expanding fleet in your plans.
Custom boat docks have so much to offer and can be an incredibly rewarding investment! If you’re looking for help making your custom boat dock dream a reality, give us a call! We’re happy to take you step-by-step through the entire design and building process, or guide you in the right direction to quality boat dock parts.
You can also use our dock design tool to see what your dock will look like before you invest in dock sections and other boat dock parts.
With 62 years of experience selling top quality boat docks, sections and accessories made in America, Alumi-Span offers boaters an outstanding product they can rely on. Contact us today to see the Alumi-Span difference!