Do you feel overwhelmed by all the dock section options available?
Consider a wooden dock made from treated pine! This type of dock is an economical alternative to some of the more maintenance-free decking options, due to it being made primarily from recycled materials.
What makes a treated pine wooden dock stand out among other options?
- Quality treated pine dock sections use premium lumber that is kiln dried after treatment, making it ideal to apply stains to as soon as you receive the sections
- Treated pine wooden dock sections use stainless steel fasteners, wood screws instead of nails, and anodized aluminum side rails
- Pine decking is very durable and floats, making installation easier
- Pine decking can last 20+ years
- If it ever needs replacing, the wood can easily be replaced with more wood or even the light weight anodized aluminum decking
Treated wood has a natural appearance that will give your dock that classic look and seem like it’s been put into use at your property for years!
Normal treated pine can be found in a variety of lumber grades – from knot-free, close-grained grades to grades with more knots, splits, and wanes. Quality pine dock sections should only be made from premium grade lumber. Knots and splits can cause treated pine to prematurely deteriorate.
According to The North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA), “treated wood requires less energy to produce than alternative building products. The preservatives are manufactured, in large part, from recycled materials. Most important for homeowners and the environment, the treatment extends the life of wood. This enables a deck to last longer, and it reduces demands on forests and other resources.”
“I would highly recommend Alumi-Span Docks. I found the company on the internet and have never regretted one minute of our transaction. From the first call, anyone with whom I spoke was professional and friendly. Sketches were sent to me, and I placed my order in November 2017. Per my request, the dock was delivered at the end of March 2018. I was not required to have anyone on site to help unload it and, also per my request, they carried it to the lake side of my home. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with this company.”
- Cynthia K.
If you want to learn more about your options for wooden dock sections, talk to our experts! We’ve been in the business for over 60 years and have the knowledge and expertise to help you build your dream dock. Contact us today to get started!